Tuesday, 29 January 2013

1) Why is it important to apply 'PACC' when communicating in different social situations?
2) If a majority of your classmates hold a certain view about a controversial topic, while you hold an opposing view,  how would you convey your thoughts politely?
3) What are the possible repercussion if the tone & register were used wrongly?


1) We can express our tones whether if we are happy, sad, angry,etc and our register whether if we are formally or informally speaking so that the person listening knows what we are expressing.

2) If I were to convey my thoughts politely I would formally convey my thoughts with a smile to the audience who are my classmates.

3)The audience who are my classmates will think me as a rude person if I informally speak with an angry tone.

1 comment:

  1. 1) It is important to apply PACC because the register (formal or informal) will depend on the audience. Tone depends on purpose and context so, we will not be able to communicate effectively.
    2) If I oppose a certain view, then I must let the class in a polite manner. Register needs to be formal and tone should be polite, respectful and not demeaning. For content, phrases like I beg to differ, in my humble opinion, etc may be used
    3) If tone and register are used wrongly then the end result will be disastrous we need to keep in mind that even though we hold a different opinion, we need to be polite yet form. We cannot hurt or demean others, in this case our friends. This in turn will damage relationships

    ReplyDelete