Tuesday, 29 January 2013

1. Why is it important to apply 'PACC' when communicating in different social situations?
Ans: Using 'PACC' we can come up with the right thing to say to adress the right audience and also not offend anyone.


2.  If  a majority of your classmates hold a certain view about a controversial topic, while you hold an opposing view, how would you convey your thoughts politely?
Ans: I would listen to my classmates opinions patiently then voice out my thoughts calmly and I would not get angry if they do not agree with me.

3. What are the possible repercussions if the tone & register were used wrongly?
Ans: The listener might find the speaker offensive or might not understand what the speaker is trying to say properly.

1 comment:

  1. 1.It is important to apply PACC because the register (formal or informal) will depend on the audience.Tone depends on purpose and context.So,we will not be able to communicate effectively.
    2.If I oppose a certain view,then I must let the class know in a polite manner.The register needs to be formal and tone should be polite,respectful and not offending or demeaning.For content,phrases like I beg to differ,in my humble opinion, ect. ,may be used.
    3.If tone and register are use wrongly,then the end result if the discussion will be disastrous. We need to keep in my that even though we hold a different opinion we need to be polite and yet firm.We cannot hurt or demean others,in this case our friends.This in turn will damage relationships.

    ReplyDelete