Tuesday, 29 January 2013

English


why is it important to apply ‘pacc’ when communicating in different social situations?
Answer: It is important as we need to know how to socialize with people. For example, if we are talking to the principal, we cannot talk to the principal in an informal tone as it would be disrespectful. Also, we must know the purpose of speaking with the principal.

  1. If a majority of your class hold a certain view about a conversational topic, while you hold an opposing view, how would you convey your thoughts politely?

Answer: I would tell my classmates that I think my view is correct and state my reasons. I would use a polite and kind tone.

  1. What are the possible repercussions if the & register were used wrongly?

Answer: One may get into trouble if the tone is used wrongly.  Also if one’s purpose is not known, the listener may not get what the speaker is trying to convey. If one is speaking to friends, using a formal tone may be weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment