Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Metaphors and Similes in a Song_ Claire and Seraphina

Skyscraper ~ 

1) Identifying:
Personification:
  • Skies are crying
Similes:
  • Like I'm made of glass
  • Like I'm made of paper
  • I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper 

2) Explanation:
- "Skies are crying" is a personification that brings life to the skies because of the word "crying". She is very depressed and sad, and the skies portray her feelings by raining.
- "Like I'm made of glass" and "Like I'm made of paper" shows that she just went through a heartbreak and is very vulnerable and fragile, just like glass and paper, which are easily broken. The listeners know that she is broken until she's made up of glass and paper.
- "I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper" shows that she will get back on her feet and be strong again.


No comments:

Post a Comment