- Type of writing
- Inform, explain, describe things in details
- Analyze information by presenting ideas, evidence and discussion
- Explain or inform a person of something they do not know
- Textbook, reports, personal letters, articles
- Do you know a creature who has a spiny tail and a hard brown hat? If you guess the horseshoe crab, then you're right! Let's examine, investigate and discover more about it! There will be many facts waiting to be uncovered.
Expository writings describes how something is done while narratives is about telling a story on what happened. (For example, Expository would be HOW to play, like rules for badminton, while Narratives is about what happened while playing badminton)
Expository writings describes how something is done while personal recount describes your feelings towards the activity.