Sunday, 14 July 2013

Reading dramatically by Sandeep and Jian Qing



3.   Sales Representative refusing to repair a computer that is out of warranty.


Sandeep: Sales Representative

Jian Qing: Customer

(Jian Qing enters the room)

Sandeep: Yes Sir, may I help you?

Jian Qing: Yes please. My Macbook is force closing all of a sudden. I don’t know what’s wrong with it. Is it possible for you to do something about it?

Sandeep: May I see your warranty Sir?

Jian Qing: Erm....The thing is that my warranty is over already.

Sandeep: Then I can’t help you Sir. I am really sorry but the warranty has to be valid if you want me to fix it for you.

Jian Qing: Please.....It’s only been a few months since it expired. Please....

Sandeep: I can fix it for you but you have to pay for it Sir.

Jian Qing: Why won’t you let me use my warranty?

Sandeep:  Your warranty has expired Sir. I can do nothing about it.

Jian Qing: COME ON LAD! ITS JUST A MATTER OF A FEW MONTHS!! WHAT’S WRONG WITH THAT??!!

Sandeep: Sir, if you are going to get angry with me for this, I will have to call the police.

Jian Qing: Sigh.......but please I don’t have that much money with me. I am under a financial pressure.

Sandeep: I understand Sir. Could you give me a minute I want to speak with my manager.
(after 3 seconds)

Sandeep: My manager has decided to give you a 30% discount for the repair Sir.

Jian Qing: Thank you for your understanding.

Sandeep: No problem, Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment